While we love our s’mores around here, trip leader Heather showed us a new twist on the classic campfire dessert during our Shoestring Adventure in Big Sur.
Simply slice a banana down the middle, stuff with marshmallows, chocolate chips and your favorite toppings, wrap in aluminum foil and bake over the campfire until soft and gooey. Enjoy with a spoon from your favorite camp chair!
- Aluminum foil
- Chocolate chips, like milk chocolate, dark chocolate, butterscotch or white chocolate
- Mini marshmallows
- Other fillings of your choice, like peanut butter or crumbled graham cracker
- Cut your banana down the middle (Leave it in the peel)
- Stuff with chocolate, marshmallows and/or other fillings of choice.
- Wrap in foil and place in hot embers for about 5-10 minutes.
- Turn and rotate often.