Give the gift of adventure this holiday season!
We’ve put together some gift ideas for the weekend warrior from brands we love because having the right gear can make all the difference. Your gift might just be the one that inspires them to get outside!
Better yet, treat them to a Shoestring Adventures gift card toward a weekend camping or backpacking trip in one of California’s national or state parks, from Joshua Tree to Yosemite and beyond. They will enjoy gourmet camp meals, gain confidence in their skills and connect with others who share their love for the outdoors. Give them an experience they will never forget!
- Rumpl Puffy Throw Blanket: Give the gift of warmth with the blanket designed after your favorite puffy jacket, perfectly sized for your camp chair, couch or carry-on luggage.
- GoTenna Text and Location Communicator: Lightweight, weatherproof and easy to use, goTenna turns your smartphone into a walkie talkie, letting you text and share GPS locations with your adventure buddy! The app is easy to use. Shoestring Adventures trip leader tested and approved!
- Hipcamp Gift Card: Hipcamp is the best way to discover and book your next camping trip. Choose from over 280,000 campsites across the US, from public parks to private land and forest yurts to desert teepees. Give the gift of adventure!
- Cotopaxi Luzon Del Dia: Looking to give a one-of-a-kind gift? This daypack is designed with total creative control by employees in the Philippines, from fabric to thread. Your purchase supports the needs of those living in extreme poverty.
- Ursa Major Traveler’s Skin Care Kit: This kit includes everything you need to maintain your skin care routine on-the-go. Plus, it’s a super easy way to introduce friends and family to Ursa Major’s products, which are cruelty-free, vegan, gluten-free and never contain any harmful chemicals. We always keep some of the face wipes on-hand for a little backcountry pampering after a challenging day on the trail.
- MiiR Vacuum Insulated Bottle: This magic bottle keeps your favorite drink cold for 24+ hours or hot for up to 12 hours when you’re on the road or in the office. Your purchase supports health by funding clean water projects in Southeast Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Now, we can drink to that!
- Yeti Roadie Cooler: The YETI Roadie cooler is built tough to endure your adventurous lifestyle. Pack the 20-liter cooler full of food and beverages and hit the road or head to the work site. It is also certified bear-proof with padlocks (sold separately). In case Santa is listening, this gift is on our Christmas list!
- Snowpeak Titanium Mini Solo Cookset: This compact kit packs your backcountry kitchen into a small space, and weighs about 5 oz to help keep you light on the trail. It includes a pot, lid and cup and comes in a nylon storage bag.
- DeLorme inReach Explorer Satellite Messenger: This device lets you send and receive text messages, trigger an emergency beacon and plan, track and share your journey. Shoestring Adventures trip leaders always carry this device when hitting the trail.
- Jetboil MiniMo Cook Set: Want to upgrade your backcountry cuisine? Winner of Backpacker magazine’s 2015 Editors’ Choice Award, the MiniMo provides excellent flame control. We field-tested the MiniMo on our backpacking trip in Yosemite this summer with delicious results!
- REI Backpacker Weekend First-Aid Kit: At Shoestring Adventures, we believe in preventing wilderness emergencies before they happen, but when you have a real life threat, you need to be prepared. This kit provides essential medical supplies for up to 3 people on a 2-day trip.
- Third Eye TE14 Headlamp: Getting our first headlamp felt like a right of passage into the outdoors. Third Eye Headlamps proves technical gear can look cool too. Made with 100% recycled, non-toxic and BPA-free plastic, it features 6 brightness settings, an adjustable angle and white and red light options to preserve your night vision.
- Parks Project Park Visitor Bundle: Our friends at Parks Project are offering a whole year of unlimited access to National Parks with an annual National Parks Pass bundled with their signature Leave it Better than You Found it Tee. This is a gift that will keep giving all year round.
Featured photo © 2016 Justin Sullivan
Fine Print: This post contains affiliate links for products that we love. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, we make a small commission, which helps keep this website running at no cost to you. All words and opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting Shoestring Adventures with your purchase!